CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Breakfast conversation with Marcos...

While eating breakfast this morning, Marcos was going over all of his bumps, scrapes, and bruises. He fell off his razor at the park and skinned his knee and ankle (that one did look bad), he was talking about his back flip into the pool that this summer that resulted in 4 staples to the head, how Isaiah bit his finger last night, and how just moments before Isaiah leaned over and pinched him!
Marcos: how much worse can it get?! I have so many owwie's. I fell off my scooter, I hit my head, Isaiah pinches me and bites me! How much worse can it get?! Why don't you ever get hurt?

Me: It is all part of being a kid. You just get hurt. When I was little I had bruises and scrappes all over my legs too.

I began the wonderful story about falling out of the VW rabbit that my mom use to drive.
My sister Mindy was over at Summer Paiges house playing. My mom told me to go with her, so I could run up to the door. (I was already mad, because I didn't get to go over and play. Really I was that annoying little sister that wanted to do whatever Mindy did.)
So, we had just turned onto the Paiges street, and my mom started workin' the gas pedal. I don't know how fast we were going, probably 10 or 15 mph. It seemed more like 50! Any how, I was leaning on the not so forgiving door while playing with that contraption some like to call... the door handle! I fell right out of that sucker, but landed on my feet! I must have looked like a deer in headlights. Eyes popping out of my head the size of golfballs I imagine! I remember not really knowing what I should do, so I put my lanky legs to work and ran with the car, while holding onto the now open door! When my mom realized what was going on and stopped the car, I jumped back into the car and looked down at my toe. Now realizing that I was barefoot and now my big toe was all bloody and gross! So, I went into the Paige's house cleaned and bandaged everything and the rest is history. ( I still think my mom pushed me as a way of training me to become a better runner! Just kidding mom, I love you!

So after telling Marc this story, he was just sat there, you could see his wheels in his head turning. Finally he says this...

Marcos: Mom, how come you were being a nerd and started playing with the door handles?

Haahaa I got called out by my own kid!

1 comments:

Carol Swift said...

Your poor mom! That must have scared her to death. All this time I thought you were such a sweet little girl that never threw tantrums or was naughty. Alas, my image of you has been tarnished! ;o)

Good come back to your mom, Marcos! Oh, and I'm sorry you have so many owies. :o(