CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Marcos' Field Trip to Home Depot. They learned about wood in their Wood Science Unit at school.


Marcos and his buddy Luke. They like to play Lego Star Wars together.
Funny story... Luke came to play for the first time and wanted to play one of Marcos' games. I said that was fine but any messes that they make, they would have to clean up. Luke put it back and said " never mind I don't like to clean up!"

Marcos' class listening to a lecture on different types of tree wood, and how you tell how old a piece of wood is. At the end the man asked questions about what he had just gone over, if they answered right, or were good listeners they got a piece of candy! Wood is really not an entertaining lecture for the poor Kindergarteners!


Next the appliance section. The guy was telling them about all the diffrent things they can put in there homes. When he got to the tub section he asked the kids what this was. Answer: a TUB! Man: What else can this be used for. LITTLE GIRL : It's a spucuzzi! MAN: Your right and they are very affordable, so tell your parents to come on down here to Home Depot and we will help them get one! I don't know what economy this guy is living in, but apparently if you work at Home Depot right now, you are RICH!

Marcos and his iend Haylee, she helped her mom make bread one day and asked if she could please bring Marcos a loaf. It was sooo delicious!

Diane, Marcos, and Jasmine. Diane was in our group for the tour. She is from Korea and speaks very little English. At the beginning of the year she spoke only Korean. She has come a long way. I think it must be hard and frustrating and confusing for these kids not to know the language. Jasimine is Marcos' very good friend. Her mom is Japanesse and her father is Phillipino. She always has a smile on her face!
Marcos and his best friend Antonio having a snack at Castle Park. Antonio is in the morning class and Marcos is in the afternoon. They have class on Wedsday's together for one hour. I feel bad for there teacher!

Peyton and Marcos. Peyton is a twin, her sister Riley and her look identical. They came over and played once. Who knew little girls ate so much! I thought it was the boys who could eat! They remind me of Melinda and I growing up. Always trying to hang out with the boys and beating them at most of the games that we played!
I haven't been able to help in the classroom this year, because of Isaiah. I don't have anyone to watch him, and even if I did I don't think he would stay! Mando's mom retired 2 weeks ago. She came out to watch Isaiah for me, so
I was able to go on the field trip. I missed being able to help, and see Marcos around different groups of kids! He is so funny and smart!
p.s. I don't know if it is at every Home Depot, but I heard that the first Saturday of every month, they do a free craft. You may want to call first and ask!

2 comments:

Carol Swift said...

I love the kid that said he didn't like to clean-up. I don't like to clean-up either. Marcos looks like he enjoys having his arms around cute girls.

Kathleen Mecham said...

response