CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Dodger game for my Birthday



We sat next to the bull-pin again.
We were right by Manny in the outfield. He kept looking over in our direction. I think he might have recognized me from somewhere! ;)
Before I start my story I just wanted to let everyone know that poor Manny has been suspended for 50 games starting tonight. Apparently he was tested and had preformance enhancing drugs in his system. I know this is a big shock to everyone in baseball and out of baseball. Jose Conseco, Barry Bonds, Mark McGwire, and Sammy Sosa are all very disappointed in him and just don't understand why he would do such a thing to his body! hee hee.
They say he will lose 8 million from his contract of $40.82 million. I wonder how this man is going to eat for the next 50 games? Poor Manny!
On with the story......
Mando and I went to the Dodger game the Saturday after my birthday. I love to go too the baseball games. They are relaxing and have such a fun atmosphere! Nothing spectacular happened that game, except for the lame guy who ruined the game for me. He proposed to his girlfriend in the 7th inning stretch. They had them up on big screen and everything. Turns out, they were just a couple of isles over from us. So I decided to throw popcorn at them! Okay so I didn't really but it would have made me feel better. I think it might have been more jealousy on my part then lame on his! But who cares, this is my story, so it was lame! I had a great time just hanging out with Mando and enjoying the weekend. We don't get away that often together, so it was nice to be able too do so.
The kids had spent the night in Riverside with thier grandparents Friday night to Sunday night. I missed them a ton, but the break was wonderful and SOOOOO needed. The joke of the weekend was that we are getting old. Mando kept saying "you know we're getting older when we don't have kids on a weekend and are asleep by 10:00!"

4 comments:

Carol Swift said...

My boss was really upset about Manny--something about some bet he had with someone. Sounds like you had a fun time at the game!

Kathleen Mecham said...

Many is funny. I liked the play when he fell on the ball and enjoeyed it so much that he just sat there for a while before getting up and throwing it in. I also love the Dodgers. When I was a kid they would have half price Dodger dogs and free rootbeer floats. It was the best.

Ron said...

I used to listen to Vince Skully announce the Dodger games on the radio when I was in high school, laying in bed at night (before a T.V in every room.) But, never been to a game. Manny is overpaid anyway. :)

Kathleen Mecham said...

Once I went to a Dodger game at free "anything you want night". It was really kind of crazy. I asked for the seat that I was sitting in. At first the usher looked at me crazy, until I showed him my anything free ticket. They broke out the wrenches and now I have a free Dodger seat in my living room. Kathy asked the usher if she could have his car. He was kind of pissed, but had to give it to her anyway. It was a piece of garbage Pinto, so the joke was on her. It was crazy to to see what everyone was hauling out of there. One old lady went home with Tommy Lasorda... YUK. Anyway, it cost the Dodgers soooo much that they had to discontinue free anything you want night and they learned to limit what they gave away. I think I have a picture somewhere.